Thursday, October 4, 2012

It is in Giving that We Receive


©iStockphoto.com/Mark Strozier

I was reminded this morning by a friend's FB status message that it was the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi today. As I reflected on his life and his inspirations, what really came to mind was the song that was based on the Prayer of St. Francis and one rendition I found myself listening to today was that of the Philippine Madrigal Singers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9U38O0_IXQ)

Make me a channel of Your peace.
Where there is hatred let me bring Your love.
Where there is injury, Your pardon, Lord
And where there's doubt, true faith in You.

Chorus:
Oh, Master grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love with all my soul.

Make me a channel of Your peace
Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope
Where there is darkness, only light
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

(Chorus)

Make me a channel of Your peace
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
In giving to all men that we receive
And in dying that we're born to eternal life.



It is my prayer that the Lord may grant all of us the grace to be open to every opportunity that He blesses us with to bring His love, pardon, faith, light and joy as well as to console, understand, love and give of ourselves. Inasmuch as I have received from others who have touched my life, I desire to give of myself so that I may be a blessing to others around me - whether this is through giving my best in every lesson I teach, spending time with my students and brothers and sisters in Christ when the ministry of presence is very much welcomed or extending my prayers as one way for me to support and encourage those around me (especially at this time when it's nearing finals and exams and requirements tend to pile up into a tower seemingly higher than what even the UP Pep Squad could put together. :-D). May the example of St. Francis of Assisi inspire us to gratefully respond to the Lord's exceeding goodness and faithfulness in our lives by being His vessels of love, joy and peace to others around us.  

1 comment:

  1. Blog post so inspiring for us students Sir! Especially now with finals week coming up. God bless us Sir!

    ReplyDelete

Good day! Hope you've been inspired and/or encouraged by the blog post. Would appreciate your comments/feedback so I can continue improving this blog. Thanks and God bless!